Here is my cut and pasted review from Goodreads.
I had been excited to read this book from all I had heard about it. I started and was touched about the author's cancer diagnosis, and as I kept reading, I was expecting to be more emotionally touched, or inspired, or something. I just didn't feel much of anything. I did feel sad for him and his family, and also impressed with the attitude he had towards it all. And I had figured that this book was for his children. Maybe that's why I didn't connect with it, because I didn't know him or his family. I went into it thinking I would be inspired, but it really didn't do anything for me.
Needless to say, I thought this book was just okay. I saw that you are reading it again, Erin. Do you like it? Did I miss something?
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our book club read it so I thought i would re-read it so I could remember. I liked it because it was an easy motivational read (I am not good at the non fiction books) but I do think that sometimes it just feels like he is bragging about how great of a person he is/was. I decided that was okay since it was for his children and thought that maybe if that was one of the only things my kids would remember me by I might brag a little too. I liked how he made you feel like you shouldn't be afraid to dream big and go after your dreams. I thought he had enough tidbits of wisdom to make it worth reading.
Post a Comment