This is written by Nancy E. Turner and is the 2nd book after "These is My Words" (which we just did for book club and I loved it even more reading it the second time). There are 3 books in this series, and I just picked up the 3rd book, "The Star Garden" from the library today.
Anyway, I really enjoyed "Sarah's Quilt", but it wasn't as good as the first book. The format is the same, although the entire book only covers 1 year, so there is a lot more detail about what is going on and I didn't feel like I had to be conscious of the date of each entry. It also is more like reading a novel, not so much a diary because of all the details.
It did take me a while to get into it, but once I did, I didn't want to put it down. It takes place five years after "These is My Words" ends, and mostly deals with Sarah and her children and Savannah and Albert's children. And also with Sarah coping with Jack's death. There is a lot of tragedy that seems to happen during this year, and there didn't seem to be as many funny parts as the first book, but I still enjoyed it and I am looking forward to reading the next book.
If you are interested in the continuing story of Sarah, I would recommend this book.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to get my copy. Unfortunately my copy of "The Star Garden" is due back at the library in a couple of days. I guess I'll have to put it on hold again!
Post a Comment