Monday, March 23, 2009

These is My Words - Erin

I am feeling lazy so I am copying and pasting the following from our ward's book club blog.

These Is My Words, by Nancy E. Turner


This is a Historical Fictional Novel, written in a first person Narrative, inspired by her grandmother, Sarah Angnes Prine. Nancy Turner is compelling writer, and this book is full of wit, wisdom, spunk, and grit. It is a compelling book, with an excellent grasp and expression of emotion and reality.

I would probably list this book with my favorites. It did take me at least 20-30 pages to get into it (I even had to go back and re-read since I wasn't really paying attention). Once I got into it, I loved it. It is a good mix of romance and comedy. It isn't the type of romance where everything turns out perfect which is probably why I liked it so much, but I don't think I would have minded if it had a completely happy ending. This book is definitely worth reading.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

I read this for a book club I was in a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I think I might need to check it out and read it again!

Shannan said...

I just reserved this at my library. I am excited to read it after you both enjoyed it.