Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shannan's Review of "Specials"

Okay, I finished this book forever ago, but didn't see Meghan's comment until the other night. I figured I better write this review before I have completely forgotten the whole book. (It has slipped a little from my memory.) But I will do the best I can!

This book was a little better going for me than "Pretties" was. I think I just had more time to read it. So that was good. But there were a few things I didn't like from the beginning. I didn't really like the fact that Tally was now a Special. The tatoos weren't my favorite thing. But the thing that bothered me the most was all the cutting they did. I guess I understood what the cutting was supposed to do, but couldn't the author have come up with a different way for them to feel "icy"?

I did like how they found a whole different civilization where people were normal again. And that she eventually turned on the Specials. And I thought it was interesting how she ended up "defeating" Dr. Cable. It was sad about Zane, but I was glad that she ended up with David and not totally alone in the end.

I liked this book and thought it ended well. But by the end, I was ready to be done with the whole idea. I tried to read "Extras" but just couldn't get into it. There was so much terminology to figure out in each book, that I was kind of tired of it. I think the best part about this series was that we all read it together!

1 comment:

Erin said...

How special I agree!(haha) Okay, really it was fun reading it together. We will have to pick a new book. I agree with what you said, especially about the cutting.