Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review of "Last Song"

I finally read a book! I know, it was a cheesy Nicholas Sparks book, but it was on the shelf right in front of me, and I kind of wanted a fast read. I've only read one other Nicholas Sparks book, "A Walk to Remember" and I saw "The Notebook" (edited version), but I get the feeling that all of Sparks' books have some sad incident in them.

Ronnie is a teenage girl who lives in New York and just graduated high school. She and her 10 year old brother are sent to live with their father for the summer to spend time with him since they haven't seen him in three years since their parents got divorced. Ronnie is a little rebellious and would rather be in New York going to clubs than spending time with her dad whom she hasn't spoken to for three years since she thinks he left them. She meets a few other rebellious teenagers the first day she's there but realizes they're trouble, and they continue to give her trouble the whole book. She also meets this handsome, charming guy that ends up liking her and she likes him. So basically it's about their relationship and their summer together. I won't give away too many details in case anyone wants to read it. A movie based on the book is coming out in the next few weeks with Miley Cyrus, but I can already tell that it won't be that close to the real story.

I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Yay, you read a book! :) I am glad you are still out there. I have read a couple Nicholas Sparks books, too, and they all seem to have a similar theme. Good to hear from you again!