We read the book "Magic Hour" by Kristin Hannah a couple of months ago for my book club and I loved it. It's the story of Dr. Julia Cates who has been forced out of her practice working with troubled children in California after one of her patients goes on a killing spree and then kills herself. Shortly after this happens, an abandoned, mute girl is found in her small hometown in Washington State by her sister, who is the town sheriff. Julia goes back to her hometown to work with this young girl and to try and help her sister figure out who she is and where she came from.
One of the things I loved about this book was the subject matter. The young girl has been living in the woods for several years and is what is referred to as a feral child. It isn't a subject that you really come across very often and it was very interesting to learn about these children and how living in the wild without other humans affects them. I give it 4.5 stars.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it when you come across a good book that you haven't heard a lot about. I am going to add this one to my list, also. Thanks!
Post a Comment