Thursday, June 11, 2009

Erin read Deerskin

Just thought I would let you all know. Adrienne and Shannan already reviewed this book so I won't go into the content. I will say that it was a good book. I enjoyed the story line and the author's writing style although the extent of the king's infatuation with his daughter caught me off guard and kind of freaked me out. It was pretty predictable, but I didn't mind that. The last scene with her father was a little over the top but I am not use to reading fantasy so maybe that is typical. I tried to read The Blue Sword but I usually get a few books from the library at a time and I wasn't able to give it enough time to get into it. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Shannan said...

I've wanted to read The Blue Sword, too. I think I will try to pick that up at the library next time I go. I'm glad you enjoyed this book. I would like to read it again, now that I kind of know the author's style.

adrienne said...

I think one of the reasons I like Robin McKinley so much is because I love her main characters, especially Harry in The Blue Sword. I have a copy if you want to borrow it, Erin. Then you can read it whenever you have the time.